Technologies like Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are often associated with entertainment. But in reality, they are transforming industries gradually by adding tremendous value to businesses in terms of consumer engagement, training, and technical support. In the last decade, virtual reality technology has seen rapid developments. Many app development companies have realized the potential of VR and are investing in VR app development. From education and training to tourism and fashion, every sector has realized the power of VR applications. See how VR apps are making their mark in various sectors and what they hold for the future.
What is Virtual Reality?
It is vital to learn few things about virtual reality before we go further. Virtual reality is a computerized environment with places and objects that appear authentic, making people feel captivated by their surroundings. In plain terms, VR is a technology that tricks your brain into believing you are somewhere you're not.
Virtual Reality in Education
Virtual reality can augment education and improve a student's knowledge of a subject by creating an immersive classroom experience. Adopting virtual reality applications in schools and colleges helps the students and teachers interact with each other in an immersive three-dimensional environment.
Advantages of Using VR in Education:
Examples of VR in Education:
- Students can memorize and visualize information better compared to traditional ways of learning.
- Subject material showcased in a 3D visual model is more appealing.
- Students can explore and learn in any external environment without ever having to leave the classroom.
- Virtual Field Trips: Students can experience virtual field trips to museums, different parts of the earth, and can visit back in time to study history.
- Virtual Labs: Virtual labs can offer hands-on training that helps students to understand complex science topics easily. Here the risk involved in traditional laboratory training is eliminated, aiding students to focus on concepts rather than worrying about causing damage to property or themselves.
Virtual Reality in Training
Adopting VR apps in training provides a risk-free simulated environment where people can improve their skills and learn from their mistakes.
Advantages of using VR in Training:
Examples of using VR in Training:
- Creates a risk-free, safe learning environment.
- Efficient and engaging training at a lower cost.
- People can recall better through experiential learning.
- Medical Training: Medical students can use VR applications to practice procedures and surgeries, eliminating the possibility of harming a patient and improving the quality of student training.
- Military Training: Military personnel can learn to survive under high-pressure, hostile environments and improve their skills with the help of VR simulation apps.
- Manufacturing Training: Place your employees in virtual immersive environments with 3D models of equipment and have them troubleshoot and learn equipment before touching the really expensive equipment.
Virtual Reality in e-Commerce
More people are venturing into e-commerce platforms. But online shopping has its fair share of shortcomings. For instance, we cannot try on the clothes or shoes we want to buy, which leads to frustration if the correct size is not delivered and we have to send it back. However, embracing VR technology can help e-commerce platforms overcome these shortcomings.Examples of VR in e-Commerce:
- VR Trial Rooms: This allows you to try on outfits in the virtual atmosphere and see what they look like on a like-bodied model or avatar.
- VR Department Store: eBay, partnering with Australian retail behemoth Myer, has launched the world's first VR department store. It offers an experience to the customers without them having to leave the comfort of their homes.
Virtual Reality in Tourism
VR applications are phenomenal tools to market hotels and tourist attractions. A hotel or travel company can provide a first-hand "try before you buy" experience to their customers, helping them to understand what to expect from the place.Examples of VR in Tourism:
- Virtual Hotel Booking: Instead of browsing through Yelp reviews online, travelers can get a first-hand experience of the hotel ambiance with the help of VR apps and choose the best hotel that fits their budget.
Virtual reality is no longer a myth. It is becoming a part of our day-to-day lives. It is evident that corporations can profit from investing in virtual reality app development. The possibilities of VR are endless, and it will elevate businesses to the next level in the future. To have a vying edge over your competitors, start investing in virtual reality app development.
At HoloPundits, we have an ardent team of tech experts who can work with you to understand your VR app development needs. Whatever your simple or complex business needs might be, we have a team with the zeal to deliver innovative, optimal, and cost-effective solutions.